This potted 'Muscat' or 'Macabeu' grapevine is between 15 to 20 year old and will bear a delicious crop of black grapes.
The following care tips, which will be included with your order, will help your recipient enjoy this grapevine for as long as possible:
- Watering: Water every day during the spring and autumn, keep moist in the winter..
- Fertilizer: Use a base fertilizer in the autumn and a complete one in the spring.
- Location: Outside or inside in a light space after flowering. Once the leaves have fallen, the grapevine tolerates temperatures of -4 to -5°C.
- Pruning: In the autumn, once the leaves have fallen, trim or maintain the tendrils at a length of 12 to 15 cm. Trim to 2 buds in March-April according to the region (no further risk of frost).
- Foliage: During the growing period, nip off the tip of the current year’s shoot to 20-25 cm. Pinch off any leaves, whether marked or not, to encourage the latent bud.
- Repotting: Every 2 years. Trim the roots and change the soil.