The epiphyllum plant is originally from Central America and is very easy to maintain.
The following care tips will help your recipient enjoy this plant for as long as possible:
- Location: Not in direct sunlight, but with plenty of light. When the plant is in flowers, move it away from the sun and all other direct sources of heat which could make the flowers drop.
- Temperature: In the summer, the ideal temperature is between 18° and 21°C, in winter, it should not go below 10°C.
- Watering: More frequent during the flowering season. The epiphyllum likes humidity and does not tolerate the cold.
- Repotting: There is no need to repot your plant every year. Repot it when the container id really too small or disproportionate. In this case, we advise you to do it after flowering.
- Outside: Put your epiphyllum out from mid-May to the end of September. Beware of excessive sun and drought which it dislikes. It will do it good to place it outside in the summer and the cool September nights will trigger the flowering season in December.